Monday, December 9, 2013

Angler Fish

How are you?
I'm as excellent as angler fish liver.
This is a Tori Gate.
When you walk through it, it represents you
 achieving a new spiritual level
When we get just a little bit closer to Christmas I'll let you know exactly what is like in Japan. 
SOOOOOOO!!!! 
I'd do this is song format, but meh. You can't hear me. 
I'm getting TRANSFERRED! I'm going to a place called Tsuruoka, which in approximately two seconds of googling you will know far more about it than I do. 
I get the privilege of being the junior companion of someone who is from the same doki as me. (Same Transfer) His name is Boden Choro. 
Okay, now that that's out of the way, we'll move on to food.  
Now, I would've thought that at this point I would've tried everything that's crazy and everything would be normal, but neerp. 
Our branch mission leader invited us out do dinner on Monday night... I understand enough about Japanese (and traditional logic and reason) to realize that I was [めちゃくちゃ]   I got to eat fish eggs (which is actually my favorite- almost up there with squid) and an I also got the privilege of sucking the brains out of a shrimp head. Then we also had this dish called fukahire. It's shark fin. It cost fifty bucks for a dish. We got one and all shared. I don't think I've ever tasted anything that good in my entire life. Then we has pieces of raw fish like usual, but these ones had the skin on them. I ate a lot. Our Branch Mission Leader is such a stud. 
Also, earlier that day we went to sushiro. Which is the craziest thing. Everyone who's been to Japan has probably done this. They have a conveyor belt of sushi just moving past all of the tables. If you see something that you like, you just take it. You can also order something with a touch screen and it will come around to you. It was salmon with cheese, and fish eggs for me. So good. 
So we saw on the touch screen a menu that was the specials for the day. One was Angler Fish Liver.... Google a picture of an Angler Fish.
They aren't cute like from finding Nemo. They are things that haunt the nightmares of children and adults alike. 
So naturally when I see this I look up at my comp and say "I dare to you to eat it." 
He replies curtly "Only if you do too." 
What tact he has! If he would've said no then it would've made him the chicken, but he forced the chickening-out to my side of the court. However, I'm not one to back down from eating Angler Fish Liver. 
"Okay." 
He pushed two more buttons on the screen and in two minutes (or so) our Angler Fish liver was staring at us (all gray and yellow). After a quick personal motivational speech, I was chewing on fish liver. And... It wasn't bad. 
I'm not really sure it it was good ether, but meh. It was just... well it just was. 
Also I got to cut open oysters and eat them raw. Actually not bad. Pre-salted with ocean water. 
I'll send you pictures. 



Oysters








Fish staring at me

































Shrimpage





























We knocked a lot of houses and let's just say our tactics have improved.
I'll send you pictures. Wish me luck with transfers. 



Brother Hirayama (The blind amazing man)

-Your Son, Cousin, Friend, Brother, Nephew, Grandson, or Stranger (I love being people's strangers) 
-Elder Wheelwright

No comments:

Post a Comment